Introduction to the Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK)
- Organized by the Ministry of Education
- National Institute for International Education
Who Takes the TOPIK? What is the general purpose of the test?
- This test is for anyone who doesn’t speak Korean as their language. This includes Koreans who are overseas and foreign Korean language-learners. As students expand their knowledge of the language, the test also allows them to track their progress.
- The test measures students’ proficiency in Korean. The results may be used to enter a university, including graduate school, and/or to get a job.
Why take the TOPIK? How can I use my test results?
- You can use your results:
- apply for and obtain government scholarship(s) and foreign certification(s)
- To study at a higher education institution (undergraduate or graduate school) in Korea. This includes foreigners or Koreans who lived overseas and completed 12 years of education in a foreign country.
- To add a work visa and/or be hired by a Korean company
- To be approved for a medical license in Korea if the test taker has a foreign medical license
- To obtain a Korean language teaching license (2-3 level), which would allow a foreigner to teach Korean
- To get permanent residency
- To apply for a spousal visa
2022 year Test Schedule
|Test number||The 80th||The 81st||The 82nd||The 83rd||The 84st||The 85st|
|Test number||Application period|
|The 80th||9:00 Dec. 07, 2021 - 18:00 Dec. 13,2021|
|The 81st||9:00 Feb.08, 2022 - 18:00 Feb. 14, 2022|
|The 82nd||9:00 Mar.08, 2022 - 18:00 Mar.14, 2022|
|The 83rd||9:00 May.24, 2022 - 18:00 May.30, 2022|
|The 84th||9:00 Aug.02, 2022 - 18:00 Aug.08, 2022|
|The 85th||9:00 Sep.06, 2022 - 18:00 Sep.13, 2022|
|Test Number||The 80th||The 81st||The 82nd||The 83rd||The 84st||The 85st|
|Results days||Feb. 22||May.19||June.30||Aug.18||Nov. 24||Dec. 15|
You can check your score(Grade) after 3pm on the day of release of test result
How to Get Your Test Results
- Access the Homepage: www.topik.go.kr - [나의 시험정보 My Test Results] - [성적확인 Result Verification] Click confirm at that menu.
- ※ At the website, to get your results, you will need your test number, application number, and your birthdate.
- ※ For overseas applications, go to the www.topik.go.kr and confirm the results yourself
Generally the Beginner level test (TOPIK-I) is held in the morning and Intermediate-Advanced level test (TOPIK-II) in the afternoon. TOPIK-I is a 100 minutes test (40 minutes for Listening section and 60 minutes for Reading section) and will be finished in 1 session. TOPIK – II is a 3 a 3-hour exam, which is split into two sessions with a short break in between. The first session paper (110 minutes) consists of two sections: Listening and Writing and the second session paper (70 minutes) has one section – Reading.
|Designated time for assembling||start||finish|