- A student from a Sister University of Kangwon National University may attend one or two semesters at KNU and return to their school to receive credits.
- A student must obtain an official recommendation from their school to apply as an exchange student, and the tuition fees should be paid to their original school.
Advantages of KNU Student Exchange Program
- A variety of academic fields
- Exempted from tuition fees of KNU
- One hour travel to/from Seoul by bus or subway
- Buddy Program
- Incheon International Airport pick-up service
- A variety of cultural events (Culture Day, picnics, learning samulnori performance, Hanbok wearing experience, Farewell Party, and etc.)
- Dormitory guaranteed (the student must cover the cost)
|November 10||May 10||Deadline for Application|
|November - December||May - June||Review of Application Documents|
|End of December||End of June||Notification of Results, Mailing of Certificate of Admission|
|January - February||July - August||Application for Visa, Preparation for Departure|
|Early February||Early August||Online Course Registration|
|End of February||End of August||Incheon International Airport Pick-up Service, Boarding in Dormitory, Orientation|
|March - June||September - December||School Life (change of course registration, attending regular lectures, application for Alien Registration Card, midterms and finals, participation in various cultural events, etc.)|
|End of June||End of December||Leaving Dormitory, Departure|
|Mid-July||Mid-January||Sending Academic Transcripts to Home School|
- A student who is able to take lectures in English or Korean
- A student with a GPA of 3.0 (out of 4.5) or higher, or 2.67 (out of 4.0) or higher
- A student who has completed at least two semesters in their home school
Documents to be Submitted
- A copy of Exchange Student Application
- A copy of Letter of Introduction including Study Plan
- A copy of Passport
- A copy of Academic Transcripts
- A copy of Certificate of Enrollment
- A copy of Recommendation (Office of International Affairs or affiliated department)
- Tuition and fees : Application, admission and tuition fees are waived
- Scholarship : Participants may have an opportunity to receive a K-PIES and GKS scholarship.
- Restricted Departments for Application: Department of Veterinary Medicine, Department of Medicine, Department of Nursing, College of Law
- Since original documents are not required, send the scanned documents in pdf format via Email.
- Regular courses provided in English are subjects for undergraduate students. Graduate students can also apply for regular courses (provided in English) for undergraduate students, but only when the credits are accepted by their home schools.