TOPIK Test Info
Introduction to the Test of Proficiency in Korean (TOPIK)
Who Takes the TOPIK? What is the general purpose of the test?
Why take the TOPIK? How can I use my test results?
· To study at a higher education institution (undergraduate or graduate school) in Korea. This includes foreigners or Koreans who lived overseas and completed 12 years of education in a foreign country.
· To add a work visa and/or be hired by a Korean company
· To be approved for a medical license in Korea if the test taker has a foreign medical license
· To obtain a Korean language teaching license (2-3 level), which would allow a foreigner to teach Korean
· To get permanent residency
· To apply for a spousal visa
2020 year Test Schedule
|The 68th||9:00 Dec. 10(Tue), 2019 - 18:00 Dec. 16(Mon), 2019 (for 7 days)|
|The 69th||9:00 Jan. 31(Fri), 2020 - 18:00 Feb. 6(Thu), 2020 (for 7 days)
9:00 Mar. 23(Mon), 2020 - 18:00 Mar. 27(Fri), 2020 (for 5 days)
|The 70th||9:00 May. 29(Fri), 2020 - 18:00 Jun. 4(Thu), 2020 (for 7 days)|
|The 71st||9:00 Jul. 3(Fri), 2020 - 18:00 Jul. 8(Wed), 2020 (for 6 days)|
|The 72nd||9:00 Aug. 4(Tue), 2020 - 18:00 Aug.10(Mon), 2020 (for 7 days)|
|The 73rd||9:00 Sep. 8(Tue), 2020 - 18:00 Sep.14(Mon), 2020 (for 7 days)|
|Results days||Feb. 5||Jun. 30||Aug. 20||Sep. 29||Nov. 26||Dec. 24|
How to Get Your Test Results
Test timetableGenerally the Beginner level test (TOPIK-I) is held in the morning and Intermediate-Advanced level test (TOPIK-II) in the afternoon. TOPIK-I is a 100 minutes test (40 minutes for Listening section and 60 minutes for Reading section) and will be finished in 1 session. TOPIK – II is a 3 a 3-hour exam, which is split into two sessions with a short break in between. The first session paper (110 minutes) consists of two sections: Listening and Writing and the second session paper (70 minutes) has one section – Reading.